What is WordPress
WordPress is a free and open-source content management system (CMS) that powers approximately 40% of all websites on the internet. It was first released in 2003 as a blogging platform, but over the years, it has evolved into a versatile tool that can be used to create any kind of website, from simple blogs to complex e-commerce sites. This blog post will provide you with a list of the best free WordPress hosting providers to host your website
WordPress is written in PHP and uses a MySQL database to store content. It is designed to be easy to use, even for people with no coding experience. The platform is highly customizable, with thousands of themes and plugins available to enhance functionality and appearance.
One of the key features of WordPress is its ease of use. The platform has a user-friendly interface that makes it easy to create and manage content. Users can easily create new pages or posts, add images and videos, and customize the appearance of their site with themes and plugins. WordPress also offers a built-in editor that makes it easy to format text and add hyperlinks.
Another advantage of WordPress is its flexibility. The platform can be used to create a wide range of websites, from personal blogs to large e-commerce sites. WordPress offers a variety of themes that can be customized to match a brand’s identity and style. There are also thousands of plugins available that can be used to add new features and functionality to a site.
WordPress is also highly scalable. It can handle websites of any size, from small blogs to large enterprise sites with millions of visitors. It is also optimized for search engines, with features like permalinks, meta descriptions, and SEO-friendly URLs that help websites rank higher in search results.
WordPress also has a large and active community of developers and users who contribute to the platform. The community is constantly developing new themes and plugins, and providing support to other users through forums and online resources. This means that users can easily find help when they need it, and can access a wealth of knowledge and resources to improve their websites.
However, there are also some potential downsides to using WordPress. Because it is so popular, WordPress sites are often targeted by hackers and cybercriminals. This means that users need to take steps to ensure their sites are secure, such as using strong passwords and installing security plugins.
Another potential issue with WordPress is that it can be resource-intensive, particularly if a site has a lot of plugins installed. This can lead to slow load times and poor performance, particularly on shared hosting plans. Users may need to upgrade their hosting or optimize their site to improve performance.
WordPress Hosting Requirements
The recommended hosting requirements include the following as outlined below.
- Disk Space: 2GB+
- Web Server: Apache or Nginx
- Database: MySQL version 5.0.15 or greater or any version of MariaDB.
- RAM: 512MB+
- PHP: Version 7.3 or greater.
- Processor: 1.0GHz+
- mod_rewrite Apache module
Free WordPress Hosting Advantages
- It’s 100% free with no banner advertisements.
- Includes all the features you need to build a website.
- You will receive limited support for the service.
- Great for anyone with no money who needs to build a website.
- Good for people who want to get a feel for how the service works, you can use it as a playground for using PHP, MYSQL, sub-domains, and more.
Free WordPress Web Hosting Dis Advantages
- The service will have limitations in terms of the server resources you can use including CPU, memory, disk space, bandwidth, and more.
- The support you will receive is limited, the bottom line is paying customers will come first.
- Some of the technical features may not be enabled on the server so your website may not work as you expect it to.
- Your website will be hosted with thousands of other websites on the same server.
- If your server goes down you have to wait for the company to bring it back up.
- If you have a technical issue or if it gets hacked you better make sure you have good backups to restore from.
- It’s great for people starting out with the plan to upgrade to the premium plan in the future or for people who just want to test out the features the service has to offer.
000webhost offers a good quality service which is a great option for anyone getting started. The service includes all the key features you need to get your website online, however, there are some limitations that you can easily overcome by upgrading to the paid service.
Infinity offers high-quality WordPress hosting which comes with unlimited bandwidth and disk space which is a great choice for anyone looking to host a website. All the plans they have to offer to include Unlimited Disk Space, Unlimited Bandwidth, MYSQL databases, SSL certificate, sub-domains, and much more
- Unlimited Disk Space
- Unlimited Bandwidth
- 400 MySQL Databases
- PHP 5.4, 5.5, 5.6, 7.4
- MySQL 5.6
- Full .htaccess support
- Subdomain Names
- SSL on your own domains
- DNS Service
Byet Host offers a good quality web hosting service that includes lots of great features to help you build a website for your business. The Byte plan comes with 5GB Disk Space,
FTP account and File Manager, Control Panel, MySQL databases & PHP Support plus much more.
- 5GB Disk Space
- FTP account and File Manager
- Control Panel
- MySQL databases & PHP Support
- technical support
- Unlimited Addon domain, Parked Domains, Sub-Domains
- Community Access (Forums)
- Clustered Servers
- No advertisements
Cloud Access offers professional website hosting service for websites which is great for anyone just starting out who wants to host a website with no strings attached. The Cloud Access service is also fully compatible with the latest version of the CMS which makes it the perfect choice to get you started. If you like what cloud access has to offer you can easily upgrade to the premium service that offers more features and functionality.
- 500MB Disk Space
- 1 CPU Core
- 1 GB RAM
- The latest version of PHP
- MYSQL database
- FTP access
The company offers a good quality service which is a good choice for anyone who wants to host and build a website. All the plans this company has to offer include 250MB Disk Space, 6GB Monthly Traffic, 3 E-mail Accounts, MYSQL database, the latest version of PHP.
- 5 Hosted Domain(s)
- 250MB Disk Space
- 6GB Monthly Traffic
- 3 E-mail Accounts
- 1 MySQL v.5 Databases
- 10MB MySQL Storage
- The latest version of PHP
- FTP support
- technical support
- One-click application installer
AccuWeb includes all the features and functionality you need help you get our first website online.
- Pure SSD Drives
- Custom domain names
- cPanel control panel, PHP 7 and HTTP/2 support
- Multi-Layer DDoS Protection
- Highly Secured & WP Optimized
- complementary backup of your website
- Support for Redis
WordPress.com is the commercial arm of WordPress.org which is the open-source, community website for the popular content management system. As you would expect the service they offer includes all the features you need to create a website.
AwardSpace offers one of the best free services for people who want to create a website online. The service they offer comes with lots of cool features including a domain, 100 MB of SSD disk space, 5 GB of super-fast bandwidth, 1 email account plus the package they offer provides you with access to 300 amazing scripts which you can easily install via your website with a simple one click. You can also host up to 4 websites using this plan which gives you more flexibility to create new websites. To find out more about awardspace.com has to offer to visit their website today to build your website.
- 1000 MB Disk space
- 5 GB bandwidth
- Bandwidth tracker
- 24/7 customer support
- One-click script Installer
- email account
- The domain name and 3 subdomains
- Full MySQL database support and PHPmyAdmin
If you’re looking for a cloud provider that has over 10 years in the business and a good track record of good services then it’s worth taking a look at this company. The plans they offer comes with unlimited disk space and unlimited bandwidth plus a feature-rich website builder and a choice of over 300 one-click installs. The platform also supports the latest versions of PHP and MYSQL so you can easily run a content management script for your website. They even host your data on super-fast SSD devices to ensure your websites load super fast. If you’re looking for cheap hosting that comes with some great built-in features that will allow you to create a website then take a look at what this provider that has to offer
- Unlimited Disk space
- Unlimited bandwidth
- Forum-based support
- No email account
- cPanel X3
- MySQL database management tools
The company offers its services at no cost. You can manage an enormous amount of traffic as well as huge storage space so that users can test or run their blogs without any concerns.
- 20GB storage plus 200GB bandwidth
- Script installer tool
- Can create URL such as name.t15.org
- 3 MySQL databases, 3 FTP accounts, and 3 email accounts
- Including the backup facility
- phpMyAdmin, Control Panel, file manager
- PHP, POP, IAMP
Biz.nf offers web hosting for WordPress and Joomla, you can install these platforms by using the automatic installation wizard. They are providing PHP 7 even for the plan. The company includes plenty of cool and premium features in its plan for such as 99.9% uptime guarantee, 24/7 support, and server monitoring.
If you really want to set up a blog then don’t waste your time and at least take a bite of their services once
- 5 GB bandwidth and almost 1GB disk space for storage
- 1 domain and 3 subdomains and 3 domains along with .co.nf extension
- 24/7 support including ticketing and FAQ’s
- No pop-up, banner, or any kind of ads
- You can host 4 websites on one account
- 1 email is allowed, email filter, webmails, and autoresponder
- POP3, IMAP, and SMTP enabled
- Spam and virus protection tool
- PHP 5 and PHP 7
- 1 account of MSQL database, PHP admin Panel
- 1 FTP account, file manager
Host-ed.net is another popular service which people use to build a website. The service they offer comes with the following features.
- 1 GB of space
- 10 GB for website traffic or bandwidth
- Cloudflare for caching your website
- Three domains and one subdomain can be host
- One email account with Email filter, POP3, Webmails
- NET, PHP 5, Ruby, SSI, and phpMyAdmin
- SSL certificate
- cPanel and customization for error pages
- Website Builder, CMS, and one-click installer tools
- Support services are available 24/7 in the form of ticketing and FAQ’s
Although they are offering very limited resources in a plan like only 100MB disk space on other hand fast support services, Mailing list, SSL certificate generator, and a 1-click installer for WordPress, Joomla, Drupal, and many other applications able the company to be one of the best web hosting providers.
Moreover, if you want to shift to premium plans which is very cheap and cost nearly about $0.99, then you have pretty much the type of extensions (more than 70) available to choose from.
- 100 MB web space
- 3GB traffic is allowed
- 1 domain, 5 subdomains and unlimited parked domains
- You can create 3 email accounts
- 1 FTP account, IP blocking, and URL redirect services
- 99.9% Uptime of servers
- Templates for website
- All types statistics insight like error logs, access logs, FTP details, etc.
- Shared SSL IPs, SSD Data Caching and site boosters
- MySQL database, phpMyAdmin and PHP 4, 5, and 7
- SPAM filter, SPF and Virus protection
They provide very limited resources as compared to the many other companies.
But 2 Website builders, enough subdomains, Autoresponders, SPAM protection, and the latest version of PHP make you feel like a paid customer. 99.8% Uptime guarantee and eagerness to support their users even on a storage plan push the user’s mind to give a try.
- 200MB web storage
- 4GB data transfer for traffic
- 5 subdomains and 5 .eu.pn / .me.pn based domains
- 1 emails account and filter, POP3 and IMAP
- SPAM, Virus and Firewall protection
- PHP5 and PHP7 supported
- Perl modules & CGI/Perl
- 1 MySQL database and 10MB size per database
- File management system, Friendly control panel
It’s a magnificent choice for experiment and understanding or just for a simple personal blog. They are providing all the main features which are necessary to experience a website so if at any time your website receives more traffic their 100GB bandwidth is enough to take care of.
- Almost 2.5GB storage
- 100 GB bandwidth
- 1 Addon and 1 Parked domain
- 1 FTP account for the site management
- 30 Script can be install using script installer
- 1 MySQL database
- Customize control panel